Sriningsih is pilgrimage place of springs eternal and located in Gayamharjo village, between Ijo hill and Mintorogo village. History of Sendang Sriningsih began from the year of 1934, when Jesuit priest named D Hardjosuwondo SJ stationed in Jali village and visit the place used to be called Duren Spring. Fascinated by spiritual aura going in to the places, then built location around becomes pilgrimage place. He gave a name Sendang Sriningsih, which means the media to thanks God for His people.
When reach Sendang Sriningsih, the celebration can begin processed by tracking the way of the cross. The route designed with little climbing stairs along and approximately 900 meters. As with other cross route, there some sign info along the way to tell the journey of Jesus while carrying the wooden cross. The way of cross will end when arrive at T-junction, turn right and see large cross with Jesus nailed statue. Located at the hill where Jesus was crucified, like in Golgotha and visitor can light candles under the cross, then pray.
Along the story, Sendang Sriningsih turns into lake and there is belief that water can cure all ills. The height of the cave is four feet which people perform prayers around. The place is spacious and cool to pray under large tree. On Christmas time, many pilgrims pray in Sendang Sriningsih Mary Cave. They will be lined up neatly and grouped with relatives, come will be amazing and could increase the faith by visiting.