Baluran National Park is representative of the forest ecosystem dry in East Java. There are some types of savanna vegetation, such as coastal forests, mangrove, mountain forest, swamp forest and it is always green throughout the year. Around 40% of savannah vegetation types dominate Baluran National Park.
The plantation which grows in national park are about 444 kinds, among which there are native plants, special and exciting, those are widoro bukol (Ziziphus rotundifolia), mimba (Azadirachta indica), and pilang (Acacia leucophloea). Widoro bukol, mimba, and plants are able to adapt pilang in very dry conditions, although other plants are wilting and drying. The other plants such as: tamarind (Tamarindus indica), yam (Dioscorea hispida), hazelnut (Aleurites moluccana), Gebang (Corypha orangutan), fires (Avicennia), Kendal (Cordia obliqua), manting (Syzygium polyanthum), and billowing (Sterculia foetida).
There are also 26 species of mammals, such as: bison (Bos javanicus javanicus), wild buffalo (Bubalus bubalis), ajag (Cuon alpinus javanicus), bark deer (Muntiacus muntjak muntjak), deer (Cervus timorensis Russa), leopard (Panthera pardus melas), deer (Tragulus pelandoc javanicus), and mangrove cat (Prionailurus viverrinus). Bison is characteristic of animal in Baluran National Park.
In addition, there are about 155 kinds of rare birds such as kites fire (Hirundo rustica), tuwuk / tuwur asia (Eudynamys scolopacea), peacock (Pavo muticus), red jungle fowl (Gallus gallus), kangkareng (Anthracoceros convecus), Great Hornbill (Buceros rhinoceros), and stork barrels (Leptoptilos Javanicus).
There are some interesting objects to visit:
- Batangan: the relics of historical sites such as, Japanese cave, the tomb of Maulana Malik Ibrahim's son and the peacocks dance attractions in mating season between the months of October and November.
- Bekol and Semiang. Observation of wildlife such as partridge, deer, peacocks, deer, bison, wild buffalo. Facilities available: Guest house researchers, tower view post.
- Bama, Balanan, Nautical tourist, diving, fishing and fights between stags in July - August, and a flock of grey monkey crab fishing with his tail in the water when tide.
- Manting, Water source that never dry throughout the year and leopard habitat.
- Popongan, Sejile, Sirontoh, Kalitopo. Boating in calm sea to see various types of ornamental fish and migrant bird observations.
- Curah Tangis: rock climbing activities as high as 10-30 meters, with slope of up to 85%, temples Bang, Labuan Peacock, Kramat.